Camcorder Tape Transfer
DVD, USB Memory Stick, Hard Drive,Online
Accepted Camcorder Tape Formats:
How to order
Select the Place Order button to fill in your order details.
Sending your tapes
Registered post or courier delivery service are recommended for your own peace of mind.
When your order is complete, you will be sent a payment link to your mobile number or email.
Payment can made by debit/credit card, Revolut account.
Once payment has been received, your order & original tapes will be sent by registered post to your address.
Camcorder tapes to DVD
Transfer camcorder tapes to DVD disc. DVD transfers include personalised discs & cases featuring the titles on your camcorder tapes. Additional copies of DVDs can supplied at time of ordering or at a later stage if you would like to return the original dvd to copy.
Camcorder tapes to Digital Video File
Transfer camcorder tapes to digital video file to view on various devices such as tv, pc, tablet, smartphone. Files can be saved to usb flash drive, memory card, hard drive, online upload. The video files can also be edited with your video editing software or if you would like to avail of our video editing service please let us know and we will be glad to edit your videos to your liking.
Video Transfer Options:
- USB Flash Drive
- Memory Card
- Hard Drive
- Online Upload
Benefits of transferring camcorder tapes to DVD
- Video quality will not deteriorate any further, no matter how many times a DVD is watched.
- Can be played on home computers with DVD drives and DVD players.
Benefits of transferring camcorder tapes to Digital Video
- Video quality of a digital video will not deteriorate any further.
- Digital video files can be saved to usb memory stick, hard drive or online for sharing.
- Video files are easy to copy & make back ups of for safe keeping.
- View video files on various devices such as tv, pc, tablet, smartphones.
- Import video files into video editing software to edit videos.
How do camcorder tapes deteriorate?
Every time a camcorder tape is played it reduces in quality a little bit. Camcorder tapes lose their magnetic signal over time due to the friction between the tape head and tape, this causes the quality and colour of the tape to deteriorate and as the tape becomes more fragile it may eventually break. Camcorder tapes can even deteriorate when not in use and especially if stored in damp conditions which can lead to a white mold developing on the surface of the tape. As time passes, images that were coded into magnetic tape begin to fade because of different factors and the images will start to turn out to be grainy and deteriorate. Videos recorded onto DVD or digital video file will last much longer since the digital codes saved onto the DVDs are higher compared to analog tapes.
Facts about camcorder tapes
- Each time you watch a camcorder tape, it further deteriorates its video quality a small amount.
- Video quality will deteriorate, even if you do not watch your tapes.
- Analog camcorder tape, such as vhs-c, 8mm will not last as long as digital tape e.g Mini DV.
- Digital tape is better, but it has an expected useful life of only 20 years if stored under ideal conditions.